Selling a broken car without papers

gingerstarkid
2 juli 2015 · 3 Inlägg

Hej everyone,

My apologies first, I hope it's ok I do this in English since my Swedish isn't that great yet, especially written :S

I am hoping some of you might be able to give me some advice or insights into a situation I have at the moment.
To put it very briefly:

- Friend drove to Sweden from the Netherlands
- Waterpump broke, he replaced it, did something wrong with the engine and it went backwards. Seems engine is really broken now.
- Friend didn't want to fix it, went back to the Netherlands and asked me to sell it.
- Friend deregistered the car in the Netherlands, destroyed the license plates.
- Friend is currently travelling and hard to reach, I don't have any paperwork (e.g. ownership documents) for the car.

Since I have no idea about the rules for Sweden, I was hoping someone might know a bit more:

My questions:

Is it possible for me to just put the car on Blocket and sell without the papers?
Since the engine is messed up, I want to sell it as a "reservedel bil". Is that ok without the papers? Are there any issues in terms of liability for me or the owner?

If no-one wants to buy it, from what I understand, I would need to produce paperwork to take it to the Bilskrot. Would they take a car without it?

If I do need paperwork, what do I need to scrap it or sell it as parts?

Really hope someone here knows a bit more about it. I guess I can also try to call Transport Styrelsen in the morning and see what they say..

Tack!!!

_Thor_
2 juli 2015 · 512 Inlägg

So you wanna know how to make a profit from a stolen car?

gingerstarkid
2 juli 2015 · 3 Inlägg

haha

I can show a report on the VIN number to show that it was deregistered, but that is all I have, yes, it sucks.

gingerstarkid
2 juli 2015 · 3 Inlägg

And to clarify, it would be nice if someone wants to buy it for parts, but because it is quite annoying to have it standing on the drive way I'm mostly just interested in getting rid of it properly.

Mervolic Yawn...
2 juli 2015 · 3 151 Inlägg

I doubt anyone in Sweden would buy a car without papers, but you could probably get the parts sold.

If you can wait for your friend to contact the authorities in his country and ask for paperwork regarding the car's history and deregistration, you might get some sort of papers on it so you can either sell it or possibly scrap it.

I think calling Transportstyrelsen would be a good idea, they can probably help you with these kind of issues or at least point you in the right direction.

Welcome to Sweden, the land of annoying paperwork.

Senast i forumet
Diskussionsforum
Projekt
Evenemang