Bmw M5 E60 med konstig Avgassystem ?

mah88 Schwarz Funf
14 november 2008 · 222 Inlägg

Tjena!
Hittade den här bilden på Bmw M5 E60:s avgassystem , kan någon säga vad det är för avgassystem ??
Ser ganska konstig ut!

http://s2.desktopmachine.com/pics/BMW_M5-turbo_640_1024x768.jpg

Bmw X5 4.4iA
4.6 Kit, Front och Bak skärm Breddar, Bakljus Black,Angel Eyes
azid Det som inte dödar gör ont
14 november 2008 · 2 668 Inlägg

är inte orginal med tanke på singlarna som sitter på avgset...

2slow
nitrox Defloratör.
14 november 2008 · 641 Inlägg

ser ut som så kallade roterande ljuddämpare.

Plastidip har tagit epa stylingen till nya höjder pff:P
Volvo 240 Turbo "Inbrottsmagneten" (1984)
mah88 Schwarz Funf

med vad är de runda ´´turbo ´´ liknande grejerna ? är det turbo ?

Bmw X5 4.4iA
Jokk3
14 november 2008 · 377 Inlägg

det har jag aldrig sett med sniglarna längst ut på bilens avgassystem smile

BMW 318d E91 "M-sport" (2010)
Henrik_G Gokartförare och Skidåkare
14 november 2008 · 227 Inlägg

bakmonterade turbos är ganska vanligt på corvetter i usa smile bara att söka på "twinturbo corvette" på google så kommer det upp rätt många bilder

Nissan 200sx s13 "DDESIGN Drift Team" (1989)
Opel Omega B 2.5 "Rescue-Opeln" (1997)
Rawad C20LET
14 november 2008 · 1 041 Inlägg

det e ju turbo det men har aldrig sett det monterat på det viset, men vet ej va det e för avgas

Vi tycker olika vet jag, that's it
Opel Calibra Turbo 4x4 "Vicky" (1992)
criller Aktiv Medlem
14 november 2008 · 1 303 Inlägg

japp det är bakmonterade turbos

Mvh Christian
Fastlane
14 november 2008 · 23 Inlägg

Turbo ja, dock en ganska kompromissad installation med en del förluster.

Fanns det inte plats i motorrummet?

Www.fastlaneracing.se <- trackday and racing videoblogg
mah88 Schwarz Funf

så är det som en helt vanlig bil med turbo? och varför så långt bak ?

Senast redigerat av mah88 (14 november 2008)

Bmw X5 4.4iA
tias aka katten
14 november 2008 · 245 Inlägg

är det verkligen så mycket förluster med att ha turbos så långt bak? vet då om en gammal opel med v8 å aggregaten sittande längst bak, visserligen så går den bara 201/402m åt gången men den gör det snabbt

BMW 540 e39 -97
940Turbo -91 brukis *såld* BMW 318is e36 -92*såld*
240GLT -83 projekt *skrotad* 240DL -85 möjligt tidsfördriv *skrotad*
LEG. åkafrånpolisåcykla6månder *genomförde kursen med bravur*
BMW 540i/6 (1997)
_MaCCe_ Majestas
14 november 2008 · 1 319 Inlägg

mah88 skrev:

Helt vanlig kan man väl inte påstå ?
bi-turbo v10a, 500 + Hk orginal, kan vi räkna med runt 700 hk nu ?

Team VeboTrim
Ford Sierra Laser M30b35 Turbo "The Senior six" (1986)
mah88 Schwarz Funf

_MaCCe_ skrev:

mah88 skrev:

Helt vanlig kan man väl inte påstå ?
bi-turbo v10a, 500 + Hk orginal, kan vi räkna med runt 700 hk nu ?

yikes damn big_smile så stor skillnad? men vad jag ville säga är om det är som att montera turbon längst fram som en ´´typisk´´ turbo bil

Bmw X5 4.4iA
Billsson
14 november 2008 · 85 Inlägg

Visslar nog jävligt gött iaf big_smile

Bmw E36 316i / Finbil
Volvo 744 GLT / Vinterbil
Volvo 244DL / Projektbil
Smajly
15 november 2008 · 3 059 Inlägg

Inte mycket förluster där nej.
Finns en del fördelar: Lägre oljetemp till turbon, lägre temp på insugsluften=mer hästar, lägre turbotemp=längre hållbarhet, slipper ju att all luft under huven blir attans varm..

Ljudet blir coolare smile Även om du tar bort den bakre ljuddämparen och sätter en turbo där istället så blir inte ljudet högre eller dånar mer.. turbon är effektiv som ljuddämparen och "slår sönder" ljudet men man får ett coolare ljud.

Blir ju billigare också eftersom man slipper bygga nya/dyra grenrör..

En bild på en annan installation:
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j106/qsiguy/Turbo_Q45/IMG_0074.jpg

http://pi.b5z.net/i/u/1473169/i/C6%20Corvette/IMG_2176.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------
Don't turbos have to be really hot to work properly?
Putting a torch to your turbo and getting it hot doesn't produce boost. What produces boost is airflow across the turbine which causes the turbine to spin. If turbochargers required very high temperatures to produce boost, Diesel trucks and Methanol Race cars wouldn't be able to run turbos. However, each of these "Low Exhaust Temperature" vehicles work very well with turbochargers when, like any turbo application, the turbocharger is sized correctly.
In a conventional, exhaust manifold mounted turbocharger system, the extra heat causes the air molecules to separate and the gas becomes "thinner" because of the extra space between the molecules. This extra space increases the volume of air but doesn't increase the mass of the air. Because the volume is higher, the velocity of the gas has to be higher to get it out in the same amount of time.

By mounting the turbo further downstream, the gasses do lose heat energy and velocity, however, there is just as much mass (the amount of air) coming out of the tailpipe as there is coming out of the heads. So you are driving the turbine with a "denser" gas charge. The same number of molecules per second are striking the turbine and flowing across the turbine at 1200F as there is at 1700F.

Front mounted turbos typically run an A/R ratio turbine housing about 2 sizes larger because the velocity is already in the gasses and the volume is so big that the turbine housing must be larger to not cause a major restriction in the exhaust system which would cause more backpressure. With the remote mounted turbo, the gasses have condensed and the volume is less, so a smaller A/R ratio turbine housing can be used which increases the velocity of the gasses while not causing any extra backpressure because the gas volume is smaller and denser.

Sizing is everything with turbos. There is more to sizing a turbo for an application than cubic inches, Volumetric Efficiency, and RPM ranges. A turbo must also be sized for the exhaust temperatures. A turbine housing sized for 1700F gasses would have lag if the gasses were 1200F. This is why turbo cars have lag when they are cold and not warmed up yet. Both systems work well if sized correctly.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Do I need to put headers on to optimize the turbo system?
No, the extra expense and work to install aftermarket headers isn't necessary. Headers are designed to eliminate backpressure in the exhaust system and facilitate exhaust scavenging and flow on normally aspirated engines. Turbocharged engines work on slightly different principles. Namely, there is exhaust "Pressure" between the cylinder heads and the turbocharger because the turbocharger is the smallest diameter orifice in the exhaust system. The turbine housing gets smaller in diameter to increase the velocity of the exhaust gasses before they hit the turbine wheel. This is how you get 100,000 rpm wheel speeds.
Turbocharged exhaust gas pressures can see as high as 30+ psi on high boost applications. So spending money on higher flowing exhaust components designed to lower exhaust backpressure is usually a waste of money. This money would be better spent on an upgraded turbocharger which would produce more efficient boost with less backpressure or just spending the money on upgrading the engine and fuel system to handle more boost.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Doesn't heat create the velocity in the exhaust gasses to spool the turbo?
No, heat doesn't create velocity. Heat creates volume. If you look at any of the physics laws for gasses, you will find that pressure and volume and heat are related. PV=NRT is a popular one, The V isn't for velocity, it is for Volume.
The turbine housing is what creates the velocity. The scrolling design that reduces the volume of the exhaust chamber as it scrolls around causes the gasses to have to increase in velocity and pressure to maintain the same flow rate.

Hotter gasses have more volume, thus requiring a higher A/R which in effect means that it starts at say 3" and scrolls down to approximately 1". Lower temperature gasses are denser and have less volume, so they require a lower A/R housing which would start at the same 3" volume, as the turbine housings use standard flanges, and scroll down to say 3/4".

Now if you were to reverse the housings in application, the conventional turbo would spool up extremely quick, at say around 1500 rpm but would cause too much backpressure at higher rpms because the higher volume of gas couldn't squeeze through the 3/4" hole without requiring a lot of pressure to force it through. On the reverse side, the remote mounted turbo with its cooler denser gasses, wouldn't spool up till say around 4000 rpms but once spooled up would make efficient power because it doesn't require hardly any backpressure to push the lower volume of gas through the larger 1" hole.

Senast redigerat av Smajly (15 november 2008)

Rinnegan Malleus Malificarum
15 november 2008 · 2 401 Inlägg

Lyssna på killen ovan. tongue

Det där är rätt vanligt bland Corvettes i USA, Squire Systems är nog en av dom mest kända bland Corvette ägare med att utföra bakmonterade stressfläktar.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, Torque is how far you bring the wall with you.
Buick GSX Stage 1 "Velvet Hammer" (1972)
BboyLuna
15 november 2008 · 261 Inlägg

Aldrig sett så förut att nån har byggt!kan man montera det på alla bila??

Me-BboyLuna
_Da_Man_
15 november 2008 · 175 Inlägg

Bilden är tagen på Currency Motors M5a från USA. Enligt dom så ska den kunna leverera upp till 810hk, och toppa strax över 380km/h. Dom har bara byggt en så det här de enda exemplaret i världen.

Ang. om hur det funkar att ha turbon där bak istället kan ju diskuteras, bevisligen får man ju ut en hel del effekt. Men det är helt klart bättre o smidigare att ha dom så nära motorn som möjligt. Den största nackdelen med att ha aggregaten så långt bak bil att spool-up tiden blir längre, o på så vis försämrad körbarhet.

Men alla sätt är ju bra förutom dom dåliga som bekant wink

mah88 Schwarz Funf
15 november 2008 · 222 Inlägg

Tack för all info!
Hur mycket skulle en sådan installation kosta (någon ca pris)?
Och som bboylunas fråga lyder : passar det alla bilar?

Bmw X5 4.4iA
N_W V8 de bästa som finns!
15 november 2008 · 1 092 Inlägg

STS är ett välkänt företag i USA som gör rear mount installationer på många amerikanska bilmodeller trans am, mustang, camaro, corvette, chrysler 300c mfl
http://www.ststurbo.com/products

De är squire turbo systems som nån nämde tidigare i tråden.

Pontiac Lemans 67a cab "Projekt LTO" + Bmw 540iM 6vxl 1 av 226 :) Har även en japansk pendlarbil
Senast i forumet
Diskussionsforum
Projekt
Evenemang