Richard Hammond (Top Gear) i svår olycka (450km/h) (uppdaterat)

chrizz Administratör
20 september 2006 · 11 783 Inlägg

"Han skulle slå hastighetsrekord inför tv-kamerorna.
Det slutade med en fruktansvärd krasch i 450 kilometer i timmen.
Tillståndet uppges nu vara mycket kritiskt för den brittiske motorjournalisten Richard Hammond."

Mer på:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/s … 51,00.html

Hoppas han klarar sig sad

Uppdaterat:

Top Gear star 'serious but stable' after crash
By Adam Fresco and agencies (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, … _1,00.html)

Top Gear star Jeremy Clarkson was this morning joining family and friends at the hospital bedside of his fellow presenter Richard Hammond, who was badly hurt in a high-speed car crash during filming yesterday.

Doctors confirmed that the television star's health had shown some improvement overnight, after he was airlifted to Leeds General Infirmary in a critical condition.

A hospital spokesman said Hammond's condition was now judged to be serious but stable after the accident, which happened during an apparent attempt to break the British land speed record.

Hammond, 36, was taken to hospital by helicopter after the Vampire rocket powered dragster he was driving crashed at the disused Elvington airfield near York yesterday, where much of Top Gear's filming is done.

A man believed to be the presenter’s brother told reporters outside the hospital the family had had a "difficult night" and were very tired. He said his brother had regained consciousness at some point but did not want to go any further into his condition.

The hospital spokesman said: "There’s been some improvement overnight. At the family’s request we won’t be giving out any more information at this time."

Jeremy Clarkson arrived at the hospital to visit Hammond at around 10.15am. “I would just like to say how heartened Richard will be when I tell him just how many motorists and truck drivers on my way here wound down their windows to say they were rooting for him,” he said.

A police spokesman said that he understood the presenter had had a scan and that the next 24 hours would be crucial.

A former firefighter who was one of the first on the scene following the crash said that Hammond had been travelling at speeds close to 300mph before the accident.

Dave Ogden, who runs private firm Event Fire Services, said that the crash had happened on the last "run" of the day. Mr Ogden was helping to provide emergency cover at the airfield in case of an accident when he saw the crash.

He said: "We were down there with Top Gear who were filming him trying to break the British land speed record. On the previous run the car had just gone over 300mph but I am not sure if it had broken the record.

"They had just done one more run and were planning to finish when it veered off to the right.

"One of the parachutes had deployed but it went on to the grass and spun over and over before coming to a rest about 100 yards from us."

He said hthat is crew, and an ambulance that was already on the airfield, found the car upside down and "dug in" to the grass.

Mr Ogden said he felt for a pulse and heard Hammond, who was unconscious, breathing, before the emergency crews worked together to turn the car the right way up. They had cut Hammond free, placed him in a neck brace and put him on a stretcher before the air ambulance arrived.

"He was regaining consciousness at that point and said he had some lower back pain. But he was drifting in and out of consciousness a little bit," Mr Ogden said.

Hammond would have been strapped so tightly into his Vampire jet car with a six point safety harness that he could barely move, to protect him from such a disaster, an expert said today. He would also be sitting in a roll cage for his high speed drive.

"The Vampire is a pretty robustly built car, it has a very, very strong rollover structure. You are strapped in so tightly that you almost feel like you can’t move. You want to be as anchored as possible," said David Tremayne, a speed record historian.

"The roll cage would be around his head. His head would have been pretty well protected which is another thing in his favour.

"It is safe to say that, as far as the car is concerned, all the sensible safety procedures would have been taken."

The current British land speed record is held by Colin Fallows, from Northampton, in his dragster Vampire, which reached 300.3mph in 2000.

Hammond, who often drives high-performance cars as part of presenting Top Gear, was born in Birmingham but lives just outside Cheltenham with his wife Amanda and two children.

Michael Harvey, the editor of  Top Gear magazine, told BBC News 24: "Clearly at those kinds of speeds the tiniest little thing has to go wrong and the speed obviously massively exaggerates the consequences of anything going wrong.

"This wasn’t a high performance car, this wasn’t a road car, this was a rocket-powered dragster which bears absolutely no relation to the kind of cars which are the main fodder of the Top Gear programme - this was a car that clearly contained its own risks."

He added: "I know every single precaution will have been taken but something clearly absolutely unaccounted for has gone wrong, and Richard has unfortunately suffered the consequences."

James May, who co-presents the popular motor show with Hammond and Jeremy Clarkson, said that he was devastated to learn his "old mate" had been injured.

His agent, Annie Sweetbaum, said: "James is absolutely devastated, he’s heard the news but doesn’t know how bad he is. He’s really shocked, his words to me were ‘He’s such a good mate, I’m so upset’.

"He said as soon as he’s allowed, he wants to go and see Richard."

A spokesman for the Health and Safety Executive said that an inspector would be visiting the airfield today to make initial inquiries over the crash.

Senast redigerat av chrizz (21 september 2006)

"Alla blå bär är blå bär - även blåbär - men det är bara blåbär som är blåbär."
Malmoe SSS -12
20 september 2006 · 3 217 Inlägg

Hoppas verkligen att han klarar sig, det är ju i princip min idol med alla dessa bilar han testat och hans härliga framförande av både Top Gear och Braniac...

Låt honom leva, snälla Gud!

Jag snortar inte kola, jag röker inte på... Är man redan dum i huvet, är det fel väg att gå! - Sabotage, Epilog, Här och nu
Suzuki Swift Sport "ZC32S" (2012)
Ckosworth Mr
20 september 2006 · 607 Inlägg

Håller tummarna!

Where´s the any key?
"Ford Motorsport Club Sweden"
Volvo v70 (1997)
Luddtussen Rally ludde
20 september 2006 · 213 Inlägg

Mycket sorgligt...

Håller alla tummar för att denna nationalklenod skall klara sig...
Hoppas o ber...

////////RallyLudde////////
dusty Living in the fastlane
20 september 2006 · 2 616 Inlägg

sad hoppas det går bra top gear är verkligen bästa som finns

precision
20 september 2006 · 2 652 Inlägg

att han klara sej överhuvettaget :S

SaNelito Fartdåre
20 september 2006 · 286 Inlägg

Läste precis och skulle posta här...

Ja hoppas verkligen han klarar sig

Volvo S40N (2006)
PeterNorrk Arbetslös luffare :'(
20 september 2006 · 271 Inlägg

sad

kanelbull2
20 september 2006 · 149 Inlägg

450 knyck i timmen !!! Det är MYCKET tongue

Rally_ Goa Gubbar från Göteborg!
21 september 2006 · 161 Inlägg

fyfan det e fort hoppas han klarar sig!

Senast redigerat av Rally_ (21 september 2006)

Volvo 240 "VOC" (1983)
Volvo 240 "VOC" (1990)
Mataten
21 september 2006 · 104 Inlägg

Alla duktiga bilförare förgås i bilolycka,hoppas att han inte var så bra då. sad

Volvo håller Ford ifrån konkurs,fast nu rasar de utför för alla
onej84
21 september 2006 · 1 854 Inlägg

Hoppas verkligen att han klarar sig

Senast redigerat av onej84 (21 september 2006)

Darkie dARKiE
21 september 2006 · 5 031 Inlägg

Han är ju helt klart bäst (och hans kollegor i Top gear) dem är alltid roliga och har knasiga ideér.. hoppas det blir bra med han igen!

MITT BMW 328i E36 PROJEKT Just nu, SÅLD..
MITT BMW 525i E39 PROJEKT Just nu, väntan på M5-optiken... Fälgarna monterade
Eliza Tro inte allt du hör om mig, sanningen är värre.
21 september 2006 · 991 Inlägg

Men åååå hoppas han klarar sig, de är ju inge kul utan honom....

Varför följa strömmen när de bränner mer kalorier att simma motströms?
www.mondoblog.se/misscarbon
Dodge Magnum SRT8 "Supercharged.se" (2006)
Miklen
21 september 2006 ·

Blev lite lack när ja såg nyheten..Enlit BBC körde han i minst 300mph när olyckan inträffade allså minst 481,02km/h.. d e riktigt mycke..han har fått skallskador..hans tillstånd är fortfarande allvarligt men stabilt så d verkar ju som han kommer klara sig..Men som sagt..jävligt tråkigt sad

Senast redigerat av Miklen (21 september 2006)

Chippen88
21 september 2006 · 1 309 Inlägg

Fy fan, de va inge kul att höra. Hoppas han klarar sig

Kolla gärna in detta projekt som jag är involverad i.
http://www.garaget.org/EdstromRacing
Albertoo
21 september 2006 · 538 Inlägg

Nooooooooo....han va ju min favorit på top gear! hoppas hoppas han klara sig! håller tummarna!

Phaetoon
21 september 2006 · 8 156 Inlägg

Miklen skrev:
Blev lite lack när ja såg nyheten..Enlit BBC körde han i minst 300mph när olyckan inträffade allså minst 481,02km/h.. d e riktigt mycke..han har fått skallskador..hans tillstånd är fortfarande allvarligt men stabilt så d verkar ju som han kommer klara sig..Men som sagt..jävligt tråkigt sad

Nja... Enligt BBC så klarar bilen av att köra fortare än 300mph. De sa också att Hammond skulle försöka ta det brittiska land-hastighetsrekordet.
Den senaste nyheten är att läget förbättrats lite över natten.

| Medio tutissimus ibis.
| I mitten skall du gå säkrast. (Ovidius)
Stefan Varberg Supraman
22 september 2006 · 2 300 Inlägg

man håller tummarna.
Man slutar alldrig förvånas om hur kroppen kan reparera sig och återhämta sig.

Expert är man när man har lärt sig så mkt att man kan erkänna att man kan ha fel och är öppen för att lära sig nåt nytt.
_JoCCeV TVT Member
22 september 2006 · 377 Inlägg

hörde det nu på morgonen... hoppas bara att han återhämtar sej... hmm ha är ju den som är skönast i programmet... Håller tummarna för honom!

Senast i forumet
Diskussionsforum
Projekt
Evenemang