Engine cuts off when crossing 3000 rpm or if i put it in the third gear

zias
27 juni 2017 · 14 Inlägg

Hi,

volvo V50 1.6 drive-e 2009 13700 mil driven.

my car's engine used to cut off when in 3rd gear or crossing 3000 rpm and everytime i had to restart the car. car turns on a bit longer self but it works fine. i visited bilia and they said diesel fuel filter is choked, though it was replaced only 2 years ago and usual maintenance time is 6 years or 60000KM, nothing crossed. they insisted its diesel fuel filter and replaced it. charged 3800 for troubleshooting and part replacement which is very big amount i believe. problem appeared again and i visited an other butik of bilia because the first place was over booked. this time i insisted the people there that neither before it was filter nor this time it is filter and i suspect its tank that has rust or something. they did the troubleshooting charged again, denied my claim that they have done wrong troubleshooting last time. saying that that was other butik and we cannot answer their mistake or their method even both are under name of bilia. they confirmed it is the tank which is dirty and it needs cleaning or replacement as there is some thing due to degradation of bio diesel. i need your help with two things.

1) can i clean the tank myself, is it an easy/diy job as they are asking again 12000 sek for this job and they say that is not covered under any warranty or nothing. is it good to replace with another tank, if i could get it from bildelbasen etc.
2) do i deserve the right to claim my money which the bilia at first place acquired from me and did the wrong troubleshooting and now they dont own the responsibility they are saying thats the way we do. we suspected the filter and replaced it and now we will do the second thing. however how on earth this is troubleshooting that is hit and try and customer is abused while bilia learn of their cars. who guarantees that now they change tank and problem is somewhere else and they will be telling me now we will move to third thing without paying you back for your tank and the filter.

Any guidance and help is much appreciated please suggest and help me. out of nowhere i have already paid 4300 for a job which i could do, as i know how to change the diesel filter its very easy job.

/Regards,
zia

Volvo s40 (2008)
Senast i forumet
Diskussionsforum
Projekt
Evenemang