Volvo S40 2007-- Grill replacement

zias
5 juli 2017 · 14 Inlägg

Hi,

i tried to pry out the grill of my 2008 S40 to color it black but it does not just pops out like for volvo s40 --2007 does. i know the position of the clips and i am pressing at the right place. can anyone help i know its a common modification.

/Regards,
zia

Volvo s40 (2008)
hyrbil Självutnämnd chipskonnässör
5 juli 2017 · 2 571 Inlägg

I had a hard time doing it on my 2008 as well. Looked at many videos on Youtube to get around it but it didn't come off as easy as it looked.
When I removed mine (done it several times by now) I found it easier to start with the clips at the bottom and then do the top. Once most of them are out you can just pull the grill straight out.

If you're still insecure about it you could loosen the whole front bumper on the top. I think it's only 2 torx screws and 4-6 plastic rivets you need to remove first and it only takes a couple of minutes. After that, you just carefully bend the top of the bumper out and you'll see the clips on the grill from the inside. Never done it that way myself but seen a few others do it since they were afraid of damaging the grill.

Tada.wav
Volvo V90 T5 R-Design "Harriet - OEM Plus" (2018)
zias
6 juli 2017 · 14 Inlägg

hyrbil skrev:
I had a hard time doing it on my 2008 as well. Looked at many videos on Youtube to get around it but it didn't come off as easy as it looked.
When I removed mine (done it several times by now) I found it easier to start with the clips at the bottom and then do the top. Once most of them are out you can just pull the grill straight out.

If you're still insecure about it you could loosen the whole front bumper on the top. I think it's only 2 torx screws and 4-6 plastic rivets you need to remove first and it only takes a couple of minutes. After that, you just carefully bend the top of the bumper out and you'll see the clips on the grill from the inside. Never done it that way myself but seen a few others do it since they were afraid of damaging the grill.

____________________--
thanks a lot,

i have just tried as hard as possible my knife was bending but the clip did not popped up, i guess need to try the bumper way.

Volvo s40 (2008)
Senast i forumet
Diskussionsforum
Projekt
Evenemang