Tips For Choosing An Electric Skateboard For A Bulky Rider

keeleyvandervort
30 januari 2021 · 1 Inlägg

Considering the weight limit when choosing an electric skateboard is a must since you really don’t want to break the board by accident just because of your weight. Typically, a motorized skateboard can carry up to 330 lbs (approximately 150 kg); however, the most popular products often have a maximum carrying capacity of around 200 lbs (about 90 kg).

Without picking a suitable e-board for the rider’s body size, the performance can be significantly decreased. Hence, let’s find out some tips to pick an e-skate for big riders in today’s article. Furthermore, I would like to recommend some good e-boards for big skateboarders so that they can save time and effort searching for a decent electric skateboard.

**Read more: https://eskatebuddy.com/electric-skateb … limit.html

WHAT SHOULD YOU KEEP IN MIND WHEN PICKING AN E-BOARD FOR A HEAVY SKATER?

https://swiftywheels.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Untitled-design-45.jpg

In my opinion, the best type of skateboard for a bulky rider is definitely a longboard since the board will be strong and stable enough to handle such a huge weight. Unfortunately, riders can not be very adventurous when riding on a longboard.

In terms of electric longboards, there are several mounting types that refer to the way skateboard trucks are mounted to the deck. In my experience, the top-mounted products are the most solid setup. Heavy skateboarders had better stay away from drop-deck or drop-through products unless they want to break the board into pieces.

Once you have chosen the type of board, we should continue with the material of the skateboard deck. Normally, an 8-ply or 9-ply skateboard deck can withstand the maximum weight of 250 lbs; however, the strength of the deck also depends on the quality of the wood and its properties.

The fewer the layers constructing the deck, the weaker the deck is. Therefore, I strongly recommend you pick a 9-layer deck made of maple, bamboo, carbon fiber, or fiberglass in order to hold a weight of 300 lbs.

It is hard to tell which material is the strongest one among those 4 names I mentioned above because they all have advantages and limitations. Fortunately, many manufacturers have found a new way to combine those materials into a single skateboard deck which we often hear as hybrid electric skateboard decks.

A skateboard deck that is constructed from 9 laminations of these hybrid materials can hold up to 250 lbs. Therefore, I think that heavy skateboarders had better not choose any skateboard deck which has less than 9 layers of wood and a length of at least 42 inches.

Other than just the deck, please pay attention to other components such as the axles, bearings, or wheels to make sure that all parts of your e-board can support your weight. Hard wheels with a durometer from 87A to 88A and contact patches of at least 45mm are strongly recommended.

TOP PRODUCTS FOR HEAVY RIDERS

I would like to begin with the Verreal RS which can withstand the weight of 330 lbs. I bet almost all skateboarders can comfortably ride on this electric skateboard. Unfortunately, this company is completely new to the skateboarding industry so customers have to take the risk when purchasing its products.

However, if you don’t mind some possible problems with an e-board, this cheap skateboard would be the perfect option. With a single charge, you can reach the maximum distance of 22 miles and the top speed of 27 miles per hour. Needless to say, this board offers amazing features at a reasonable cost.

Read more at eskatebuddy.vn to better understand the electric skateboard weight limit!

In case the first board is not capable of handling your weight, the Lacroix Boards can be a good upgrade. Unlike the Verreal RS which is manufactured by an unknown company, this Lacroix Board is produced in Montreal Canada by a company established by a former lawyer who is also a surfer and a snowboarder.

What I like about this product is the strength and flexibility that the deck can provide. Furthermore, powerful motors and large-capacity batteries are provided with the board. Therefore, heavy riders can still experience the top performance of the board without any difficulties.

Additionally, this e-board is designed to handle and reduce the speed wobbles so as to increase the safety of riders. Compared to other electric skateboards on the market in terms of battery size, this product has the biggest one. Hence, it will be a valuable investment if you purchase this electric skateboard for a heavy rider.

>>>> Get more information: electric skateboard weight limit

FURTHER ADVICE

Sometimes, it can be hard to find a suitable e-board, especially when your weight is far above the average. Although the manufacturers state a specific number for the maximum weight the board can carry, the product can usually withstand more than that. Unfortunately, you have to sacrifice the performance of the board in exchange for the riding experience on an electric skateboard since the working of the board is considerably affected under overload situations.

Senast redigerat av keeleyvandervort (12 juli 2022)

Senast i forumet
Diskussionsforum
Projekt
Evenemang