Förstår inte vad verkstad pratar om

BegagnadbilVW
5 juli 2022 · 3 Inlägg

Hej allihopa,

Recently, I bought a VW Passat 2010 hybrid(gas-petrol) automatic model. And the last two days, had the warning lights showing up (Engine, EPC and Battery lights). I have trouble engaging gear from P to N, P to R, R to D. It takes a while for the car to move and is stuck at 30 KM/H. The RPM climbs upto 4000 when accelerating further. Had to run the car approx. 5 mins to get it to working somewhat normally. Gear changes makes it stop abrubtly or the Automatic Shift Lock shows up meaning the gear has trouble engaging.

I am not an expert at cars and this is my first car. So naturally, I am shit scared and have trouble sleeping these two nights. I thought to myself that it is probably just onboard computer error due to how old the car is (around 172500 KM in total, in case you are wondering). But then, realized how stupid I sounded. So, I squeezed a slot at a nearby Verkstad and managed to make it to the shop. (Left super early in the morning so as to not screw up everyone else's life).

I got the diagnosis from the car workshop and it is bad, costly.
"Motorn går ryckigt och går ner i LIMP-Home läge".  And, they want to change two things.
1)  AKF-Ventil & 2) Mekatronik reparation.

I have googled some of the stuff,  AKF-Ventil, LIMP mode and ryckigt(cuz. my swedish is shit).
The workshop can only explain so much in english, and I would like to understand my problem a bit better.

Can you please help me with what Mekatronik reparation means ? 
In what way, it affected the car ?
Also, is this a common/recurrent problem in VW?

simlar
5 juli 2022 · 5 508 Inlägg

Mekatronik is the Mechatronic unit.
It is the electronically shifting mechanism with built in transmission control unit.

Your car has the dry clutch dsg7.
I works almost like two manual gearboxes in one but it is electronically controlled by the Mechatronic.

AKF-ventil = Aktiv KolFilter-ventil.
Charcoal canister valve
EVAP Purge Regulator Valve it seems to be called in English.
N80 is the VW diagnostic name for it.

I am sad to say it but you have bought a ticking bomb.
Google VW 1,4tsi timing chain problems and VW dsg7 problems.

Senast redigerat av simlar (5 juli 2022)

Volkswagen LT31 "Luppen" (1983)
Volvo 360 GLT "Rödingen" (1988)
Hybrid_ Forum- och sitemoderator
5 juli 2022 · 17 345 Inlägg

Ohhh... A gas-Passat. There is a few problems with those.

The automatic transmission is a regular manual gearbox with the exception for having two clutches. A robot is doing all the work with changeing gears. That robot is the Mekatronik.

When did the car passed inspection last time? All things related to the gas-system must be easy to inspect, this means you must demount all (gasrelated) panels in/under car when its time for inspection. Thats not a fun job...

Tänk på 80-talet. Då körde hantverkarna Cheva Startcraft med V8-diesel. Det var tider det!
BegagnadbilVW
5 juli 2022 · 3 Inlägg

Thanks for your response. 
Could it be that the mekatronik and AKF are the cause of each other?
It seems both systems are unique and separate.

simlar skrev:
I am sad to say it but you have bought a ticking bomb.
Google VW 1,4tsi timing chain problems and VW dsg7 problems.

I am sorry to hear this too. Actually, a bit more scared to drive the car now.
After googling the DSG problem, I am wondering if this visit to workshop has fixed it for the time being.
Do you think that is the case as far as mekatronik goes?
Am I good for another X kms before I encounter the same problem again?

About the timing chain, I couldnt find any good resources.
In your opinion, how frequent is the timing chain issue?
Is there any chance I can avoid it by proper maintenance?

BegagnadbilVW
5 juli 2022 · 3 Inlägg

Hybrid_ skrev:
Ohhh... A gas-Passat. There is a few problems with those.

The automatic transmission is a regular manual gearbox with the exception for having two clutches. A robot is doing all the work with changeing gears. That robot is the Mekatronik.

When did the car passed inspection last time? All things related to the gas-system must be easy to inspect, this means you must demount all (gasrelated) panels in/under car when its time for inspection. Thats not a fun job...

Yeah, Now I feel threatened by the car itself. Last May was the inspection acc. to the car dealership.
Does all this mean there is no way to properly maintain the car?
In your opinion, is this car worth salvaging for another 50000 KM?

Hybrid_ Forum- och sitemoderator
5 juli 2022 · 17 345 Inlägg

Oilchange every year/max 10000 km will help it last longer. Those long-life service is no good. Hard to say how far you will come before something else start to fall apart. It can run just fine in years or we can have you back here asking something else in 6 months...

I think the transmission will last. But a  mekatronik-swap is a expensive job.

Tänk på 80-talet. Då körde hantverkarna Cheva Startcraft med V8-diesel. Det var tider det!
Senast i forumet
Diskussionsforum
Projekt
Evenemang