Moved to Sweden with my BMW E36 Cab

JoostR
11 september 2022 · 3 Inlägg

Hi! As the title says I just moved to Sweden from the Netherlands and brought my BMW E36 318i convertible. I would like to import this car, so have applied for a 'ursprungskontroll' which I finally received smile Now, the next step is to do a 'registreringsbesiktning' and I am wondering a few things.

* Any recommendations for a good station for the registration check in or around Gothenburg?

* What is being checked at this besiktning?

* The car is completely original, except for the front seats. These are from an earlier E36 model and miss the connection for seat occupancy mats on the passenger side. This means my SRS light is lit. Is this something they would fail the 'registreringsbesiktning' on? I tried to reach the agent that handles these checks, but after calling 10 numbers I could not get a hold of anyone.

* Also, I had done the roadworthiness check in the Netherlands and the car was approved according to EU guidelines. The document I received did not include the results of the brake and emission tests that were performed. Would this be considered a problem?

Sorry, not the most exciting first post, but I will promise to show a photo of the car on Swedish plates afterwards wink

Senast redigerat av JoostR (11 september 2022)

simlar
11 september 2022 · 5 516 Inlägg

For the registreringsbesiktning it should not be a problem.
That is only to make sure the car and its equipment is legal in Sweden and to register the car in the fordonsregister.

But for the kontrollbesiktning that you will need to do afterwards to be legal to drive on the road it is not allowed for any emissions, abs or airbag lights to be permanently on.

Volkswagen LT31 "Luppen" (1983)
Volvo 360 GLT "Rödingen" (1988)
JoostR
12 september 2022 · 3 Inlägg

Hi Simlar, thanks for your reply! Another question: any recommendations for garages where you can DIY?

Senast redigerat av JoostR (12 september 2022)

simlar
13 september 2022 · 5 516 Inlägg

Garages depends on what you plan to do.

Okq8 has Gör-det-själv hall (diy garage) at some locations where you can wash your car and some locations also have a car lift where you can make smaller repairs and service.
Cost 2 SEK per minute when I last used one (10years ago, so most likely more expensive now).

Otherwise you need to look att renting a garage.
You are not allowed to tinker on your car in all garages though, it is stated in the rental contract if it is allowed.

Best is to find some friends and rent a big garage together in an industrial area.

Volvo 360 GLT "Rödingen" (1988)
Volkswagen LT31 "Luppen" (1983)
JoostR
16 september 2022 · 3 Inlägg

Thanks for the reply! I would use it for general maintenance things, so might be able to do it at a Okq8.

Great idea on sharing the garage. If someone in the Gothenburg area would want to share a garage, let me know wink

Senast i forumet
Diskussionsforum
Projekt
Evenemang